Date of Birth:
Fifth day of the dark half of Bhadrapad in 1647.(A.D. 1591)
Left the world:
1772 (A.D. 1716)
Shri Hariraiji was the son of Shri Kalyanraiji (the great grand son of Shri Vitthalanathaji).
He was a poet-scholar.
Different aspects of personalities:
As a brother:
Shri Hariraiji knew that Shri Gopeshwarji’s wife was unlikely to live longer. Also he was well aware of the grief, his brother was to face. He started writing letters to enable him to come out of worldly grief.
Shri Harirayji’s younger brother Shri Gopeshwaraji was very devoted to the worship of Shri Krshna. His wife too was very co-operative in the worship. Shri Hariraiji by his divine power knew that Shri Gopeshwarji’s wife was unlikely to live longer. Also he was well aware of the grief his brother was to face. He started writing letters to enable him to come out of worldly grief. As Shri Gopeshwarji always kept himself busy serving God, he hardly got time to go through the letters. But when the tragedy took place, he read the letters on appeal of some follower and that drastically helped him to come out of worldly grief. Very soon he got back to his former divine activities. The principles propounded in Bhashya, Shodashgranth, Subodhiniji etc. are illustrated in the Shikshapatra in very lucid and simple way.
Post Balya Avastha:
His lifestyle was extraordinarily different. He used to avail every moment of his life in the best way and preferred himself to be called ‘Haridas’ ( = Servant of Shri Krshna). He always gave supremacy to sentiment of surrender for Shri Krshna. In spite of being born in the lineage of Acharya (preceptor) he had extreme respect for the follower Vaishnavas.
Shri Hariraiji enriched the sect with Sanskrit and Vraj literature. Out of his numerous works, ‘Shikshapatra’ is extremely popular. Gathering of Vaishnava for religious reading, generally, ends with reciting Shikshapatra.
Shri Hariraiji lived on the earth for nearly 125 to 128 years. Many of Goswami Acharyas of that time used to go to him to find the solution of doubtful matters.
Shri Hariraiji was present on the earth till 1772. Vraj language was benefited greatly under his leadership. He brought essential changes in the worship method of Shri Ranchodraiji in Dakor, Gujarat.
- Commentary on Shodashagrantha
- Nirodhalakshana (2)
- Commentary on Vrtrasura Chaturshloki
- More than 200 small works.
- Bhaktimarge Pushtimargatva-nirupanam
- Shrimatprabhoh Sarvantaratva-nirupanam
- Shrimatprabhoh Pradurbhava-prakara-nirupanam
- Shrimat-prabhor Vayor Nirupanam
- Japa-samaye Svarupadhyanam
- Dvitiya Shrikrashna-Sharanashtakam
- Shri Giridharashtakam
- Shri Nagari-Nagara-Stotram
- Shri Svaminiprarthanashtakam
- Shri Yamuna-Vijnapti
- Shri Vallabha-sharanashtakam
- Shri Vallabhacharana-vijnapti
- Ha Ha Dainyashtakam
- Shri Vallabhabhavashtakam
- Shri Vaishvanarashtakam
- Shri mahaprabhor-ashtottarashata-namani
- Shri Vitthaleshvara-ashtottarashata-namavali
- Shri Gurudevashtakam
- Shri Gokuleshasvarupa-nirupanam
- Prathamam Bhagavadiya-parishikshanam
- Dvitiyam Bhagavadiya-parishikshanam
- tratiyam Tadiyanam Shikshanam
- Prathamam Siddhanta-samkhsepa-nirupanam